Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking electrical and computer engineering students for a paid Electrical/Computer Engineering Internship. Our 2021 Intern class will begin work in our Monroeville, Pennsylvania, office in May of 2021, working full-time (40 hours/week) through August of 2021.
Our internship program will give you the opportunity to work in your field of study while simultaneously pursuing your bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university. These opportunities can enhance your academic training while teaching critical business skills and allowing you to learn about BPMI, the Navy, and the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program.
What You Can Expect:
Close Mentoring - You will be assigned a unique sponsor for the duration of your BPMI experience. Sponsors will provide guidance as you perform day-to-day efforts, while adding a more in-depth perspective of how the various assignments fit into the overall business. Along with your manager, a sponsor also provides general support and training on BPMI’s business and operations.
Training - Interns are provided with various training opportunities in several engineering areas including engineering, nuclear propulsion support operations, project management, and technical writing.
Shipyard Tour - Our Interns typically visit Newport News Shipbuilding in Virginia for a one-day shipyard tour. This unique and exciting opportunity allows you to see and potentially tour aircraft carriers, submarines, servicing facilities, and other areas of interest. You will gain a better appreciation of the important work BPMI does, and the key role the Navy plays in protecting the interests of the United States of America.
· Responsible for assisting with the development of nuclear reactor instrumentation and control systems, electric power distribution systems, and related devices.
· This position is project-engineering oriented, beginning with system concept and continuing through the end of system life. Activities include:
o assisting with the preparation of system performance and test specifications.
o review of supplier designs.
o engineering follow through manufacturing, test, and installation,
o resolution of system start-up and testing phase problems.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Students enrolled in an electrical or computer engineering bachelor's degree program with a minimum of two years completed.
· Basic understanding and working knowledge of engineering drawings.
· Understanding and working knowledge of basic electrical engineering topics.
· Good oral and writing skills required.
· Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for interns and co-ops.
· Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is a project engineering organization supporting the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. BPMI provides design, manufacturing, and supply chain management of the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of nuclear power plant components installed in submarines and aircraft carriers. In addition, BPMI provides upgraded replacement components in support of refueling and overhaul activities, and aids in the ultimate storage and disposition of spent naval fuel. BPMI also delivers information technology and operational solutions to the Nuclear Navy, enabling them to fulfill their critical mission.
BPMI's interns are eligible for the following benefits:
· Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
o 401(k) Plan with company match
o Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
· Paid holidays
· 9/80 work schedule option
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disabled/veteran