- B.S. or M.S. degree in Engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
- At least 5 years of experience in manufacturing or related environment.
- Experience developing manufacturing and inspection plans based off final part or assembly level drawings.
- Experience with machining and welding processes including an understanding of machine setups, fixtures, and metal removal rates. Apprentice or Journeyman machinist experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD&T). Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional Certification (GDTP) preferred.
- Experience with performing dimensional inspections using coordinate measurement machines (CMM) and hand tools.
- Ability to perform tolerance and alignment studies to confirm assembly stack-ups.
- Cost estimating experience.
- Ability to decipher detailed technical requirements and convey to non-technical individuals.
BPMI is a prime contractor for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). We are a project engineering organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of high quality nuclear power plant components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status