Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking a full-time Senior Compensation and HRIS Specialist to join its Human Resources Department. This position will play an integral part of the department working as part of the total rewards team to help develop, execute, and administer the compensation policies, processes, and systems. This position will provide a broad spectrum of compensation support to the organization including the assessment and development of the HR information systems.
- Design, propose, and implement base and variable pay programs and policies as a key component of the total rewards strategy.
- Create and monitor the annual company salary expense budget.
- Create the annual salary increase request and the annual salary administrative plan.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of HR programs.
- Partner with HR, IT, and BPMI's affiliate company to develop and implement a new HR system to support the information flow and needs of the company.
- Ensure the uniform and equitable application of HR policies.
- Project lead the preparation of statistical studies and reports as required by legislation or organization needs.
- Assist management in union negotiations, as needed.
- Develop an implement training programs for managers and employees on the total rewards program.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management.
- Coordinate external and internal audits.
- Service as a liaison with external organizations and individuals.
- Provide oversight in the administration and maintenance of HR records and systems.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to HR staff on compensation and/or total rewards items.
- Maintain awareness and apply knowledge of trends, best practices, and legal developments in HR.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management/Administration, or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Six to nine years of relevant experience required.
- Professional certification in compensation strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of functional requirements of HRIS strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership/project management skills preferred.
BPMI is a prime contractor for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). We are a project engineering organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of high quality nuclear power plant components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status