- Experience in mechanical analysis/design, with emphasis on structural analysis and material behavior requirements.
- Demonstrated experience using finite element analysis and computer-aided engineering techniques.
- Proven track record of effective written and verbal communication skills and creative problem solving capabilities.
- Working knowledge of some or all of the following: engineering mechanics, heat transfer, dynamics, shock, vibration, fluid dynamics, or related technology.
- Prefer familiarity with pressure vessel design codes such as the ASME pressure vessel code.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics or related disciplines is required.
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Applied Mechanics with concentration in structural mechanics is preferred.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
BPMI is a prime contractor for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). We are a project engineering organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of high quality nuclear power plant components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status